RE: RE: RE: Modded the TB

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 00:19:28 EST

But they're not really in the air flow path...

I did just about the same to my V8 TB but left the block on but cut them to
about 1/4" tall. Leaving enough to align the airhat. (Also used a set of
Button Head Bolts like Magnum Performance...but paid only $5.00, not $28.00,
at Home Depot and polished them myself.) Ok...so I used my air tools and my
neighbors drill press for milling the blocks down. I spent about 4 hours
total getting everything perfect. Right down to grinding the throttle
linkage tab to near perfect WOT. (Really strange, the '99 R/T TB that I
have didn't open all the way to WOT.) Grind, smooth, measure, grind,
smooth, measure again, polish when done. I'll snap a picture of it tomorrow
and post it.

Little tip: On the bore openings, use a 3M Polishing Disc (Blue Color).
They fit perfectly in the hole with enough on the edges of the disc to
polish up the bores and smooth the radiused edges.

- Bernd