Re: What Car Stereo fits a 93 Dak?

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 12:28:36 EST

In a message dated 3/14/2001 12:31:22 PM Mountain Standard Time,
kspence@intermind.net writes:

> The factory radios are a very bizarre size...what are you all using?
> None of the standard sized ones fit perfectly...they are all too short
> and dont fill in the opening in the dash ... are you just using adapters
> or block-offs to cover up the open area that is left when you use a
> standard-sized radio?
>
> Thanks!
> Kevin

Yeah Kevin,
       I prefer the High Quality instlaltion kits, Radio Shack has ones, but
they make the radio stiuck out, which personally I find to be quite
detractive. I persaonlly used one from Ultimate electronic, very nice
deisng, it keeps the fare of the radio on a level plane, so it just sticks
out as much a standard radio does. Very nice. The kit was like $20 or so,
nothing to bad, and if you like painting things to match, it's great because
it gives you anotherr way to make the radio install look much more custom....

Greg