Spark Plug Problem revisisted

From: glogg@en.com
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 12:53:50 EST

Alright sorry to clog the list up with my stupidity but I am pretty much
learning all this as I go along. I did pick up some cheaper wires till MSD
wires come in to fix the problem (still was sparking up the boot). I
replaced the ones which were bad, and the truck is back to running the way
it should. Although the Check Engine light is still on, so I went to pull
codes from it. The only code it is throwing me is a code 12 about the
battery. I went and looked it up on the DML page and it says it will go off
after the code is stored in the PCM. So I was wondering how long would it
take the code to be stored? Thanks for the help guys, I am pretty much
doing this on my own and it is my first truck, kind of feel dumb asking
these questions but I would rather feel stupid and have it done right, then
to mess it up.

-Matt Grose
97 RC 4x4 V6 Sport
South Euclid, OH