Re: Homade grill insert question

From: Alex Harris (jetcity@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 12:13:40 EST

I've had all sorts of metal stuff laser cut for my old design business. I've
seriously thought about having some aluminum cut with a ram's head pattern
to use for a grille insert. It wouldn't be too incredibly difficult nor
outrageously expensive. The only drawback I could see, as I mentioned
before, would be coming up with a pattern that allows an appropriate amount
of airflow and isn't too restrictive. Off the top of my head, I'd think with
that pattern it would be tough to get better than 50% open area, and I
wouldn't want to cut my cooling air supply in half.

- Alex