RE: Stage 3 Power Alert for California

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 17:48:15 EST

A lantern is only half the problem. Ever since the onslaught of the
calculator and smart cash registers people have gotten basically dumber (or
maybe they just stayed the way they were). Most restaurant businesses
really could stay open 'cuz they have a lot of windows so people can still
eat. Problem is: Nobody knows how to add up the check, compute the tax
owed, then total it. The worse part? How do you make change when someone
hands you a $20? I really cannot believe the ignorance of people, not the
ones that can't make change, but the ones that passed them and let them
graduate. I wonder, who are the most ignorant?! :-(

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD