Re: SUPERCHARGERS ON GEN2 DAKS

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 21:08:26 EST

Paxton has one- BUT IT'S FLIMSY AT BEST! I'm sending my second one back-
it's started to fail after less than 4000 mi. (w/2000 mi. fluid changes
{recomended was 3000}. My first unit (also carefully serviced every 2000 mi.
and never abused) only lasted 14 months. Also, the the boost fuel enrichment
system tends to disconnect at the fuel rail in hot weather; creating aa
dangerous mess. I believe Vortech carries a kit for gen 2's. I've heard it's
vastly more reliable. I've heard it's also a much more complete kit (and
easier to install). The engine on my'93 (4x4, 318 {completely built for
forced iduction}, A-518 Auto trans {rebuilt and beefed up by Art Carr
Automatics}) has spent less than half of it's operational time since the
rebuild without a supercharger due to the unreliability of the SN 2000 paxton
blower. -Truthfully, after comparing performance with and without the paxton
blower, SN series blowers just don't seem to add all that much power.
Whatever you install, steer clear of paxton. Better yet, do what I almost
did: drop in a 440 with Holley Pro-Jection!