re: Subject: Jet Chip vs Mopar Computer - and other HiPo qtns

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 04:27:27 EST

snip>Also, what the heck is the Mopar Hi Perf Ignition Control Box?? It
comes
in orange, chrome and super gold (race only) ... are these used on our
trucks? Never heard them mentioned before

Kevin,
as best as I can recall, the orange, chrome, and super gold control boxes
are for the older style (pre-computer) engines. They had a pretty good
factory setup as it was, but the boxes offered more performance. May need
to consult an "expert" on this, but I'm pretty sure that is correct. I
believe the orange is hipo street, the chrome is street/strip, and the super
gold is, well.... race only! (and they don't apply to SBEC controlled
engines).

Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport