RE: I'll ask AGAIN

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 12:01:00 EST

TJ,
Just my experience here with my '96. Running the Mopar PCM, I cannot use
anything less than 92. I tried 89 and it pinged bad. Tried mixing 1/2 tank
89 & 92, and it still pinged a little. Wasn't worth trying to mix. I won't
use less than 92. I don't want any pinging. Sorry to dampen your spirits.

I viewed it this way. It like what, 25 cents difference a gallon? (I
haven't tanked up in a while, the 318 has been apart since the 1st of
January.) :'B That's roughly $5 more a fill-up. Not a big deal really.
Say you gas up every two weeks, that's roughly another $130 annually. You
have to make the justification whether it is worth it or not. Hey, keep
your foot out of it most of the time and it isn't bad. I average 18-19mpg
running back and forth to work. This is a 13mi. trip (one way) with a 6-8
stop average. Good-luck with your dilemma.
Rich - Ashburn, VA
PS. Another way to look at it. Put a good flowing cat-back exhaust system
on your Dak. I gained 18% increase with mine. That offsets the cost of
running 92 octane.