RE: More questions for Bernd and Ron (was Re: Exhaust backpressure (TECH!))

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 23:07:22 EST

15% gain for $1500... that'll be simple :) figgure on ~190rwhp stock,
219rwhp will be the goal.. PCM, TB, intake and exhaust will get you very
close to that, for about a grand (parts depending...)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
     344hp/424tq
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-Excellent info, thank you! One other question...
-
-Looks like you recommend the "Q ship" look for the exhaust (single in /
-single out through
-stock location), which is just fine by me, as I prefer it. Which brand of
-muffler do you think
-would work best for my "quarter race" setup? I was thinking Dynomax Super
-Turbo or
-maybe an Ultra Flow. What about a Flowmaster 3 chamber? Gibson? Just
-curious. I see
-Ron likes the Borland stuff, which looks good but a little pricey - I am
-budgeting about
-$1500 or so of mad money for my little project, and would like to squeeze
-out every
-drop if I can ;-).
-
-I'd like to have a goal of increasing rwhp and torque by about 15%.0 Do you
-think this
-goal is realistic given the mods I am planning (cat back, intake, TB,
-ignition)? What has
-proven to be realistic in your experience (Ron, you out there? Need your
-feedback especially
-as your your stock setup was very similar to mine).
-
-One more: any ignition kits you guys swear by? Swear at? ;-)
-
-Again, any and all help is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to joining
-the "Fast4x4" club :-D.

---
-John Bell - '00 QC 5.9 46RE 4x4 NV242 3.92LSD SLT+ *my baby*
-
-""Bernd D. Ratsch"" <bernd@texas.net> wrote in message
-news:GGEILDJAAAEBOABJIJLLIEEBFJAA.bernd@texas.net...
->
-> (1) Modified Throttle Body (Flometrics)
-> (2) 3" Pipe from the cat on back. (through a 3" IN/OUT) muffler
-of course)
-> (3) Mopar Headers with Y-Pipe
->
-> Performance Shop:  Austin Performance (Lamar and Braker)
-
-
-