Re: IAT box & dyno results

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 06:53:26 EST

Kyle, I've been running one for several weeks now as a daily driver on my
S/Ced '95 and at the strip. It works great under both conditions. I
haven't had to adjust the setting as it seems to run fine as it is, but I
do plan to dyno it this weekend to see if there might be a slightly
better setting.

The sensor on your truck, as it is, informs the computer of the
temperature of the incoming air to the engine and the computer adjusts
the fuel accordingly. The IAT box sends a constant temperature signal to
the computer so that the fuel flow matches the best performance level of
the engine. In Jon's case this turned out to be the equivalent of 50
degrees Fahrenheit. At least that's the way I understand it. Could be
wrong.

Richard in San Antonio

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:59:02 -0600 "Kyle Kozubal" <grndak4x4@home.com>
writes:
> > http://www.toycrusher.com/MAP.htm
> > http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/MAP.htm
>
> Ok Bernd, and Jon,
> First off, what sensor does this box get tapped into? IAT sensor I
> assume?
> Where is it located on my GenII V6 Dak and what does this sensor do?
> I have
> never heard of an IAT sensor on my truck, and trust me I know
> sensors!
> hahah.
> Secondly, explain to me how this box works? Of course, I am more
> interested
> in the IAT Adjuster Box. What is the adjustment knob for and
> when/why would
> I adjust it? Is this just a 'toy'/mod which is only used for racing
> applications or can it be installed on a daily driver like my Dak?
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.