Re: RE: Air Intake Question??

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 17:32:34 EST

    I believe the K&N has a couple advantages over the home-brew intakes,
but no one has measured the hp difference so ...
    The first advantage is a redesigned air hat. I imagine that this new air
hat smoothes the air flow going into the intake manifold more than the stock
hat. Also the K&N intake is a straight shot from filter to air hat. I know
that it straight does not constitute true ram air, but the straight tube
will certainly help to reduce turbulence. But then again, with the way that
our intake manifolds are designed, there's so much turbulence inside the
manifold that I'm not sure what good smoothing the air flow beforehand does.
    Does the above justify the extra money? I couldn't really say. But I
will say that I am very pleased with the results of mine ;-)

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport