Powerdyne Air Filter - Airflow Capability

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 11:38:02 EST

Well, we ran a dyno test on Richard Pyburn's '95 5.2L SLT (Club Cab) and we
found something very interesting, the filter that comes with the Powerdyne
kit is too small and is partially (inwards) crushed. This filter (on his
'95) touched nothing around it and was brand new (I gave him my Powerdyne
filter which was never used). After speaking with the people at the Dyno
shop (who work on a lot of domestic and import "Hot Rods", they're comments
were: "That filter is just too small", "We've seen those get crushed
(inwards) under boost before", and "At least a 6"x9" cone...that things too
small".

So, for those who think that the stock Powerdyne filter is adequate,
sure...it's adequate for the location where it's installed, but not for the
CFM requirements.

I'll take some pictures of it to show you...

- Bernd
(Loving my 6"x9" Cone off of the Powerdyne)