RE: Risks of buying a used PCM

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 18:06:11 EST

The cost of flashing the VIN and odometer in is about $75, BUT you better
check with the dealer first because I don't know if you can re-flash it
again after having done it once. Someone was telling me it couldn't but I'm
not 100% sure. One thing I do know, the PCM must match your configuration
or it won't work, i.e., if it came off of a 5.2 auto 4X2, it must be going
back on the same. When you check with your dealer pls let us know what you
find out.

Thanks,
Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD