RE: Re: More on the Syntec/Mobil 1 story

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 13:37:04 EST

How often do you change it?

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Russ Borman
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 10:28 AM
To: Dakota Mailing List
Subject: DML: Re: More on the Syntec/Mobil 1 story

     I have been using Mobil 1 in my vehicle for a few
years now and every time I change it it always comes
out a perfect black. I just changed to Amsoil in my
Dak and have yet to inspect the color, but I thought
it was normal for oil to be black.

Russ
'99 CC SLT+ V8 4x4 auto
Gibson Stainless Headers and Exhaust
Rancho RS9000s, Amsoil Air Filter,
Magnecore 8mm wires, Amsoil throughout

 I decided to go and check the oil level in her
vehicle again, since it has been almost 2K since the
2nd oil change with Mobil 1. The oil was as dark
right now as I've ever seen the Castrol Syntec after
7500 miles, and it was also 1/2 qt. low.