Brake/front end problems

From: John Burgan (jburgan3@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 19:18:21 EST

Has anyone heard of this problem? In the last couple of weeks the retaining
spring on the outside of my left front brake caliper has come off twice.
Luckily it has popped off at the top,and the bottom has stayed put so that
it is going "with" the wheel while moving forward. I hate to think what
could have happened if the bottom had popped out and gotten stuck in the
spokes of the rim. I have an appointment next week to have it looked at,
just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

Also, I have a clunk/snap in my steering column while turning or while
applying slight pressure to the wheel to hold my lane on the road, is this
the intermediate shaft problem that I remember hearing about a couple of
years ago or could it be the ball joints? TIA

-John
'00 RC 4.7L 5spd 2wd