*Sigh* - Back to the dealer for front end work :-(

From: John Bell (dak@mama.indstate.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 23:22:32 EST

Hey all,

Well, I'm gonna take my Dak in Thursday in order to get this "pop clunk"
problem in the front end figured out once and for all. Last time I took it
in (about a month ago), they changed out the bushings on it to solve the
problem. Worked for a little bit, then back to "pop clunk" on slow left
turns after two weeks.

It only does it when I make slow left turns - it's particularly bad when I
make slow left turns over bad pavement; I can really feel the *pop* and
vibration from shifting in my feet when that happens. That can't be good.
This _really_ smells like my ball joints have gone bad, but maybe my front
shocks are giving out? Or both? I dunno - I just don't want to hear about
how it's a bushing problem again, when I know damn well it isn't :-P.

Any ideas?

--
John Bell - '00 QC 5.9 46RE 4x4 NV242 3.92LSD SLT+ *my baby*