DML Decals will be available again... very soon.

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 21:38:17 EST

  I've had a few people e-mail me to ask if there are any decals available, and
I have seen some similar questions on the list. First of all, let me apologize
for not responding personally (yet) to those folks who e-mailed me. I've been
a bit behind the 8 ball lately; I've got over 10,000 e-mails to go through, in
*addition* to the DML mail. :-P

  Anyway, I just wanted to send a quick e-mail out to let everyone know that,
yes, the DML decals will be available again soon. In fact, I have about 60 of
'em sitting in a manilla envelope at home right now. :-) Things will be very
different than the first decal run though. The first time, I tried to make the
price as low as possible and allowed folks to order custom colors, etc. As a
result, they didn't really benefit the DML coffers much (a big part of the
reason for doing them in the first place) and lets just say that if I never
weed another vinyl decal again it will be too soon! :-) This time around, the
selection of designs and colors will be much more limited. (This will probably
eventually change, but for right now, this is the way things must be.) :-)
(If you absolutely must have a custom color that I don't have "in stock", it
will cost extra.) As far as prices go, I'm not sure yet, probably somewhere
around $10. The primary decal I have right now is the circular "Member -
Dakota Mailing List", and it is available in 2 sizes. More details
forthcoming...

  You will be able to see the decals and order them via the DML web site, and
you'll be able to pay via cash, check, money order, or paypal. As soon as I
get them up on the site, I will be sure to post a message to the DML to let
everyone know. This won't be a "one shot deal"; I plan to maintain a stock of
decals and have them available all the time. Sorry for the rambling nature of
this message; I just wanted to convey that yep, I'm still here, and yep, decals
will be available again very soon! :-)

TTYL!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------. | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 | `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'