Re: From Dino to Synthetics, now I'm confused.

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 22:11:33 EST

Now Jay,don`t you go listening to those people who
would try to slick-talk you about oil! (hee hee,get
it??) For all you know,they are beholden to the oil
companies,and are afraid to speak the truth for fear
of retribution.Synthetic oils are created in labs
using virtual dinosaurs on computers and stuff,so you
don`t have any of the animal by-products as found in
the conventional motor oils that some of these people
speak of.Perhaps more simply put,their oil is as full
of sh*t as they are!!! Mobil 1 rocks,baby!! Steve P.
--- jay & dana <jay&dana@telus.net> wrote:
> Damn this is weird.
> I have 16K miles on my truck, bought it new from
> the dealer, as soon as I
> got it home I changed the oil and filter to Quaker
> State 10w30 (oops I know
> now) and a Fram filter and have been changing it out
> every 2500 miles since.
> Lately I have been thinking of switching to
> synthetics, preferably Mobile 1,
> so 5 days ago I went out and bought 5 quarts of
> Mobil 10w30 and a K&N oil
> filter #2004 (thanks Ron), now I'm scared, I don't
> know if I should use the
> synthetic oil, as I was going to change it tomorrow.
> As I only have 16K miles on my truck, c'mon guys,
> tell me the truth, is this
> going to hurt my engine or not???
>
> CONFUSED ABOUT SYNTHETICS NOW!
>
> Thanks again
> Jay

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.