DML - I would like to reduce my tire slip...

From: LaMont J. Gilles (lgilles@nospam.satx.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 07:03:35 EST

I would like to put wider tires on my '93 Dak. With the 318 (with several
HP boosting mods) it has a tendency to break loose on dry pavement. I would
like to use some of the more current wheels from Dodge instead of going
after fancy rims like American Racing types. Currently I have the 15X6 rims
and I would like to at least go to the 15X8 rims (how much tooling will I
have to do to the truck?) or best case go to the 17X9 (more and more seems
almost impossible without major mods on the front). Has anybody had to deal
with trading up to newer rims and how much work is involved?

Also, I have found a No-Slip kit from Power Trax that would change my
differential to act like a Posi-Traction differential. However, the company
states that I need to have an "Open Differential with 8.25inch Ring Gear. 27
spline/10 cover bolts", how can I tell for certain that I have this setup?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--

LaMont J. Gilles