Re: DML Rancho 3" Lift

From: Chris Ryan (CSRyan@teleport.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 14:30:21 EST

Original message:

-Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:31:32 -0500
-From: "Mike Pratt" <pilot366@mediaone.net>
-Subject: DML: Rancho 3" lift

-Does anyone have the rancho 3" suspension lift installed on their Dak?
, I
-was just wondering how you like it? , does it really make a noticeable
-difference in the stance of the truck,(overall height wise)? , can you
run
-33" tires under it with the lift?, would you have installed the TC 5.5"
lift
-instead if giving the chance?.
-The reason I am asking is that I want to install a lift but not sure
which
-one to install. I would really like
-to see some pics of a Dak with the rancho lift installed other than the
one
-on the rancho web site.

I've had the lift for about a year now, and like it well enough. The
stance is subtle, it looks beefy but your not sure why, it doesn't
really look "lifted". It rides and handles just like stock, a little
better in fact, that's why I didn't want the 5.5". Can't run 33s though,
and that's sort of why I got it, the shop that did it had 3 different
kits available at that time, the Rancho being the smallest, and they
sold me on it because it was supposed to fit 33s and maintain good
street handling. It didn't, and yes, I was pissed. We jacked the torsion
bars up and they still rubbed, plus it rode like a rock. In a couple
months I'm going to do a body lift that should accommodate 33s, with the
Rancho kit they don't rub on the frame rails, just the fender well. If I
had it to do over again I'd probably do the 4" Trailmaster kit, enough
to fit 33s but shouldn't slow you down too much in the S-turns.

Drop me a line privately if you want me to dig up some pics.

--
Chris
Portland, OR