Re: No Power for California.. No Soup (so to speak) for you. (long)

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 15:59:56 EST

In a message dated 3/28/01 2:45:11 PM Central Standard Time,
spikes_duall@hotmail.com writes:

<< California grows more than half the nation's fruit, nuts and vegetables.
 We're keeping them. We need something to eat when the power goes out. We
 grow 99 percent or more of the nation's almonds, artichokes, dates, figs,
 kiwifruit, olives, persimmons, pistachios, prunes, raisins and walnuts. >>

That's fine, keep those. When worse comes to worse, I go hunting. We got
plenty of forests left in Mississippi! ;o)

<<California is the nation's number one dairy state. We're keeping our dairy
products. We'll need plenty of fresh ones since our refrigerators can't be
relied upon. Got milk?>>

You can keep your milk. I live within 5 minutes of Mississippi State
University, one of the best agricultural schools in the nation.

<<We Californians are gonna keep all our high-tech software in state.
Silicon Valley is ours, after all. Without enough electricity, which
you're apparently keeping for yourselves, we just plain don't have enough
software to spare (haven't a square to spare so to speak).>>

Ever notice how pretty much everything that you buy for day to day use has a
"Made in Japan" or some other Asian country on it?

<<Want to see a blockbuster movie this weekend? Come to California. We make
them here. Since we'll now have to make them with our own electricity,
we're keeping them. Even if we shot them somewhere else, the labs,
printing facilities, editing facilities, and sound facilities are all here.>>

Sad part about this is that for every great blockbuster made, there are many
many others that just flop. Maybe if y'all (yes that is a Southern term!)
were to focus on just the good ones, then you could save a little more
energy! :o)~

<<Want some nice domestic wine? We produce over 17 million gallons per year.
 We'll need all it to drown our sorrows when we think about the fact that
no matter how many California products we export to make the rest of
America's lives better, America can't see its way clear to help us out with
a little electricity. You can no longer have any of our wine.>>

If I ever wanted to drown my sorrows, it certainly wouldn't be with some
cheap "domestic" wine! Give me the good ole (another Southern term)
distilled spirits for that use! lol

This is not intended to offend, just my smart@zz side coming out. I am known
for that. d;o)

Will

"Just think of all the power you will need when that major earthquake finally
dumps 1/2 of the state in the ocean!"