Re: Re: Engine Oil & Transmission Fluid Change..OMG!

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 16:35:57 EST

Oh my god...reminds me of the lady who brought in her car (years ago at a shop
I worked at in San Jose). She was complaining about a massive loss of power,
smoking out of the tailpipe, and funny noises under the hood. After asking her
if anything was done to the car within the last few days, she said that all she
did was top off the water and oil. The crankcase was FULL of oil...and I do
mean full to the breather cap! Oil everywhere...but it did run. (Luckily
nothing caught on fire.)

A steam clean of the engine compartment, several cans of carb cleaner (cleaning
out the combustion chamber and intake), and an oil change...her car actually
drove off the lot.

- Bernd