Re:Poplock Power Tailgate Lock Installation

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 03:49:30 EST

Chris,
I have the Pop'N'Lock in my 99, tried a Pace Edwards Powerbolt first, that
was a POS. Got the Pop'N'Lock, hooked it up, and no problems. Biggest pain is
running the wiring from the tailgate along the left frame up into the
interior. Leave the lock semi-assembled and after you splice into your door
lock wiring, make sure it locks/unlocks when the doors do. Mine at first
unlocked when I locked, and vice-versa. Just had to switch the 2 wires at the
lock, that reverses the action. Careful lifting the handle bezel off, best
way is with a thin screwdriver to lift up the lower edge, then pull up & out
on the lower edge, then down to clear the upper clips & slide it off. Hope
this helps.

Kevin/NJ
99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T )
always addin' more...see my profile