Synthetic Oils (5W-20)

From: Slakies (Slakie@erols.com)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 08:16:57 EST

The post about the synthetic motor oils was very interesting. I thought it
was ironic that Mobil 1 initially had a 5W-20. I recently bought a new
Mercury sedan for my wife and found out that all 2001 Ford and Honda
products call for 5W -20 motor oil. I made some queries and found out that
Castrol, Valvoline and Pennzoil have the new 5W -20, however, when I went to
Mobil and asked them specifically if they would have a Mobil 1 5W-20 they
said they had no plans to produce a synthetic 5W-20. Castrol said there
synthetic 5W-20 would be available soon, this is fine with me since I am
going to wait till it breaks in before switching to synthetic.

Ron
Springfield, VA