Re: Re: My truck has an ouchie...

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 00:27:19 EST

Thanks Ed!
I've got everything taken apart. I called and drove around to all the shops and noone carries it , so I will have to go to the junk yard and find one. Ahh, the first junk yard run of the year :) I will have to celebrate afterwards and play with all the toys I pick up :)

Mike S.
93 V6 5 speed CC 2wd
http://www.geocities.com/geek_farm/truck.html

It's called the slip yoke. Changing the u-joints is pretty simple if you
got a vice around to press the u-joint bearing caps into the 'shaft. If
not, some auto parts places have press work available for a small fee.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm