Re: powerdyne vs Kenne Belle?

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 15:19:24 EDT

Go Kenne Belle- Centrifugal blowers just don't cut it for a heavier vehicle
(read TRUCK) application. The whipple -type s/c that KB uses developes more
boost at lower RPM's, meaning much better off-the-line acceleration (more
Torque/HP down where a truck needs it). Supposedly, you can't rev a whipple
as high as a centrifugal, but when's the last time you revved a street small
block V-8 to 7 grand? I put a Paxton SN-2000 (if you do buy a centrifugal,
AVOID PAXTON) on my '93 318 4x4 sport. Aside from horrible reliability
(again, AVOID PAXTON!) , the centrifugal blower did nothing for the truck at
all below 2400 RPM. The KB costs more, but general consensus I've come up
with in my research is that it is definately worth it.