Re: powerdyne vs Kenne Belle?

From: Signman615@cs.com
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 15:48:46 EDT

You have a lot of different factors to figure in. Powerdyne is a centrifugal
while the Kenne Bell has a twin screw rotor design. So while they are both
superchargers, they are pretty different in the way they operate and look.
Price is almost always a factor in what people are going to buy also. I had
started saving for my supercharger before anyone even came out with one for
the 4.7 and it gave time to do a lot of research into the different types and
companies. Keene Bell is the only one making an SC for the 4.7 right now, but
I had decided I was going with them before hand; even if someone had come out
with a centrifugal first. I liked the idea of full boost coming on at 2000
RPM's instead of waiting for the RPM's to build up the centrifugal to full
boost. I also liked how complete their kit was with it's knock alert system,
computer, and ram air kit all included. They also have a really good
reputation in the industry. After talking to some local mechanics and some
race enthusiasts in the area telling me if I wanted the best, Kenne Belle is
the way to go, my mind was made up. All I had to do is wait for them to make
one. I just got lucky in the fact that they were the first to offer a SC for
the 4.7 and I didn't have to wait as long as I thought. Anyway these are just
my opinions and experiences and I am currently very, very happy with the
Kenne Belle kit I have. If you are considering buying one or the other I
suggest you get each co. to send you info. on their product and take time to
think it through. Either way a lot of money is going to be spent and it
shouldn't be something you just jump into. If it is just a question to get
people's opinions then I would have to say Kenne Belle all the way! Just my 2
cents worth. Peace.

Paul
00 CC 4x4 Sport
Kenne Belle Supercharged 4.7