Trail Report on Pro Comp M/T's and ES-9000's

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 02:40:04 EDT

   I hit the trails today (Azusa Cyn), it was a blast (here's what you
missed Chris O)!!! I was able to haul a$$ down the same trail that last
week beat the crap out of me with the factory shocks and did it in
complete comfort and control!!
   I then decided to play in the mud a bit, so me and my Ranger buddy
found some mud and started to play. These dang Pro Comp M/T's wouldn't
let me do donuts in the mud, they hooked too well, so I had to resort to
seeing how far I could throw mud and sand roosters, which was pretty
far, lol!!
   We then had a little hill climb challenge. He went first, making it
up pretty far, then I went up, went past a few ruts then floored it, I
ran out of trail before I stopped, and both my axles are open!!!!
Needless to say, I'm stoked!!
   I decided for now to put my factory wheels back on, saving the M/T's
for when I go off roading.
   Noticed something interesting about the rear factory shocks, besides
that they suck. When I compressed them to compare stiffness to the
9000's, the stockers rebounded rather quickly, then about 6" from full
extension, they just shot out like nothing. Wonder why??

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm