RE: Towing with a 01 dak?'s....

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 15:03:52 EDT

Hey Brent!

Straight from the brochure, the ClubCab 4X4 has a standard trailer weight
allowance of 3,800lbs. When properly equipped that number is raised to
6,200lbs.

Properly equipped means 4.7L with 3.92 gear ratio. If you have the 3.55 gear
ratio, subtract 1,000lbs (manual trans) or 1,300lbs (automatic). This is
also based on 150lb driver (adjust accordingly), weight of optional
equipment (fog lights, roll bars, etc), trailer hitch, passengers (other
than driver), and cargo in truck. A load equalizing trailer would be
recommended for this application.

Looking at the numbers, It's going to be close.

Good luck!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!