Re: Some people have all the luck

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 11:29:08 EDT

I know what you mean Andy. My old roommates dad field tested EVERYTHING for the Nissan plant in Smyrna, TN. That has got to be one of the coolest jobs in the world. Atleast one week a month, he is traveling around the country being schmoozed by manufactures, he gets butt loads of free samples (my old roommates 67 Coronet was outfitted with prototype air shocks someone had given his dad), and then he gets to test everything by treating the cars like we all want to treat our trucks- balls to the wall all out break it or make it testing.

Last I saw, he was autoxing a turboed and nitroused Altima in full on road rally suspension. And every year he does the Cannonball Express...lucky guy...

Sigh,
Mike S.
http://www.geocities.com/geek_farm/truck.html