A/C Stinking up the place

From: Rob Parenti (rparenti@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 17:57:43 EDT

Speaking of hot weather, since it's spring now, I guess I can broach the
subject. The A/C on my 2000 stinks when I first turn it on. It's going to
be a long summer if I don't get this straightened out. I read where
plugging the drain hole and pouring denatured alcohol inside would kill the
fungus growing on the fins. I also wonder if it's just not draining out
completely. One, anybody have any ideas on how I would get alcohol into the
condenser cabinet? Two, anybody know where the drain hole is? Ok, I found
a hole in the firewall on the passenger side, but it's really hard to reach
with the 4.7 in the way, and it doesn't even seem low enough to be a drain.
Is that it? Anybody else have this problem?

--Rob--