Re: Back from my trip to the junkyard...

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 23:32:58 EDT

Bearing caps out? Easy. BFH. it stands for big freaking hammer. :)

get a punch/chisel out and just pound one side through, let the cap and
bearings fall out, then pound it back towards the other side and do the same
then just kinda wiggle the u-joint out.

How much were the new u-joints and did you get the greasable ones? I'm
pretty annoyed that I can't fill mine up with new grease :(
-Chuong

>And for those of you looking for a more intimidating horns, I picked up a
>dual
electric setup off of an 86 D250 :)heeheehee. I tested them out and nearly
wet
myself, these things are exactly what I was wanting out of a horn...I should
have everything mounted by tonite, but does any have any tips for getting
bearing caps out when they are rusted in place? Man are these things a
pain...If I could just get them out, everything could go back together....