Re: Non-Dakota Question...

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 15:55:09 EDT

Dave,

    You are 110% right!!! If you never saw a car that's been hit by a train
check
this out at http://Geocities.com/maldbnsf/OpLS.html It will give the drivers
out there something to think about that YES to your first question.

    A 12,000,000 pound (6000 tons) will take about 1.5 miles to come to a
complete stop at 55mph. Talk about match of a car against a train, the weight
ratio between a 3000 pound car and that 6000 ton train is the same with and
mass ratio of a 12oz can of soda to the 3000 pound car, Is a 1 to 4000 weight
and mass ratio. That 6000 ton train is an average weight for a fright train.
There are some out there that weight more then twice that!

Dave e-mail off DML at maldbnsf@aol.com !!!!!

Don Mallett
Operation Lifesaver Presenter, Level 1
'00 QC 4.7L Auto SLT, Rest of info at Geocities.com/maldbnsf

<< OK,here's a real good question.
How many of you good Dakota owners,when stopped at a Railroad crossing,or
the gates are coming down,decide to go around or under
the gates?

If you said,YES,u are DUMB.

Doing the above is not only against the law,but is a FEDERAL
OFFENSE,punishable by a $5,000 fine & 60 days in the joint.

I shoot/produce railroad videos(GREEN BLOCK PRODUCTIONS),and since 1991,i
have seen so many ignorant drivers who dont realize the dangers that
exist.Your 4,000 pound Dakota is no match for a 400,000 pound SD70MAC or a
SD40-2,moving at anywhere from 25-50 mph.

Did you know...that a vehicle that is struck by a train,moving at 50 miles
an hour,takes a mile to stop?...thats a long way to be pushed/dragged.

I have seen my share of close calls,and one of these days,i'll see it happen
for sure.And what will i do with the video??...off to the TV station i
go.Collect at least $500.00 for filming it,having it used in court(when the
defendants wife/family insist their loved one didnt go around the gates..Ya
Right!)

Personally i hope i never see it.It will change your life forever.
I just want all of you to remember the following at railroad crossings..

ALWAYS EXPECT A TRAIN!

Please check this out: "http://www.operationlifesaver.com"

David Digney
00'QC,SLT+,3.9,42RE,3.55,K&N "Home-Brew" Intake
Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30,Mobil 1 Filter
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab: "ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES" >>