Re: MPG increase after TB install

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 16:27:44 EDT

I don't buy the "shell increases drag" claim. I don't care what the wind
tunnel showed. When I installed a cab high shell on my last truck, my
mileage went from 23 to 28 on the highway. When I took the shell off, it
immediately went back to 23. Put it back on, and I was at 28 again. How much
more proof do you need? Real world beats a lab any day.

 John

>Somebody had posted some information (wind tunnel stuff) that indicated a
shell actually increased drag (not to mention the >added weight) and was
therefore detrimental to MPG... OTH, a tonneau decreased drag and should
therefore have apositive >effect on MPG. Can't remember the web site or who
posted it but was pretty interesting.