Muffler Holes!

From: NickOnofrio@cs.com
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 17:06:39 EDT

So ever since my trip to Moab, and a ding on the tip of my passenger side
exhaust pipe there has been a popping sound, almost like a quiet Huey coming
from my exhaust. It looked like my muffler had slightly pulled out of the
cat. But now it aeas as the hair line crack that the man inspecting it said
I had (though another mechanic said he found none) has gotten huge since the
contact.

What I'm trying to figure out is, what to do. And since I bought it used and
know very little about exhaust...when the duals come out of the muffler is
that True duals? Or a cat back. Since it looks as though the tube coming
out of the muffler seams to be pulling out a side of the muffler. What
should I do?

Sorry for the silly questions.

Nick
1997 Dodge Dakota