Re: Re: Got my lift kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: kvieth.1 (kvieth.1@netzero.net)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 06:23:01 EST

Mike,
They have held up fine(they have only been on for a few months) I dont care
for the looks of the shackles(makes the spring hang down), but the over all
look is much better than stock. If I had it to do again I would go with the
kit Matt was talking about.

Matt,
When I installed the spacers I tried the way the directions(from rough
country) say to by knocking the ball joint loose and pivoting the a-arm on
the bolts. This didnt work so I put the ball joint back in the arm & did
like the Haynes manual says to remove the spring. It says to remove the a-
arm bolts and leave the ball joint intact, pivoting on the ball
joint(paraphrased). I use two floor jacks, one at each side of the
a-arm(under the bolt holes). This worked alot better!!! I didnt even have
to use a spring compressor. (Dislaimer: I am not telling you how to do the
job, just telling you how I did it, not responsible for any injuries)

Kevin