Re: what is the fastest speed anyone has gone here?

From: mrdancer (mrdancer2@home.your.underwear.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 20:18:21 EDT

I've had mine just under 120 (according to the speedo, however accurate that
is), but it was a GenII Dak (1992). It's got the 318, auto, 3.55 gears. I
was running stock-size General XP2000 tires at the time; it was a little
backroad in South Texas, on the coastal plain (long and flat, no traffic, no
brush for deer to jump out of....).

IIRC, the GenII's were speed-limited to 118mph?? Like I said, the speedo
needle was just under 120, truck felt like it had PLENTY of power left
(smaller frontal area than GenIII Daks). I don't know if it topped out
because I had to start slowing for a curve.