Gas Mileage

From: Shawn (englehart@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 20:35:27 EDT

Ok, have looked all over for a conversion for L/100Km to mi/gallon and
when I was at the dealership tonight I noticed that one was getting
10.7L/100Km and I think it was something like 26mi/g, which is about the
same as my car is getting and my calculation is giving me something like
23mi/g and 12mi/g for the Dakota. If I have the calculation that wrong
then I might be doing better then I thought. Should of written the
numbers down from the window and then I might have had an idea. Its sad
but being here in Canada I purchase my gas in Litres, drive in
Kilometers, but I know if I am getting 30 mi/g that I am doing well but
have no idea if 10L/100Km is good or not. I also measure in inches,
weight in pounds, purchases in Kilograms, temperature in Celsius and
know a good price for gas in cents/L. I started school with one system
and then midway through switched over to the other. Did not mean to go
on like that but would appreciate any help. Thanks.

--
Shawn Englehart
return email: englehart@sympatico.ca