New Dak!!!

From: Michael Nott (wnott@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 21:35:42 EDT

I picked up my new Dakota this afternoon! I'm a happy camper. It's a
Sport+, CC, 4.7 w/ 5-speed and every other option that you can order. Where
there were choices I took 3.55, rear window defroster/mirrors, buckets,
AM/FM/Cassette/CD, tow package, HD service, and Flame Red. I even took the
afternoon off to go pick it up. I may even take tomorrow off so I can enjoy
it (except for the funeral that I should attend). This evening I programmed
the garage door opener and the radio pre-sets. The only glitch is that the
MIL came on after I filled the tank and accelerated down the highway to show
off for my wife and dog (I'm not sure that the dog understood my
excitement). I pulled off and checked to see that the gas cap was tightened
sufficiently, but the light stayed on. Oh, well. On the way back from the
funeral I'll stop by the dealership and give them a WTFO. I won't let any
of this spoil my enjoyment, though. Tomorrow afternoon I'll schedule the
bed spraying and order my Extang tonneau. I'm going to wait on the Hurst
shifter until I can read about someone else's experience with it (do I hear
the word "chicken"?). The lowering and flares will have to wait for a
couple of months until I can build the bank account back up (new a/c for the
house last month). All in all, life is good.

Mike Nott
Orlando