Re: Aftermarket Cruise Control?

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 22:58:09 EDT

Check with the dealer if you want it to be factory looking and working.
they do make a cruise control kit that you can buy. I'm not sure about
what years they make them for but I've checked several years and they
have always had them. I put factory cruise in my '96 and it wasn't hard
at all. I even had the airbag in the steering wheel. The only advice I
have to give is if you have an airbag (doesn't look like it in your sig)
unhook the battery and turn the ignition to on for at least 15 min to
make sure the capacitor is fully discharged. Also, if the kit comes with
a new switch for the brakes pedal (mounts under the dash), and you are
not having any trouble with your brakes, do not put it in. I tried and
gave up after I realized that I would have to drop the steering column
to get it in (NO WAY). Hope this helps.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+