Re: Truck box/toneau and 5X5 truck bed

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 18:53:08 EDT

> Ok, time to try this, does anyone have a truck box/toneua cover combo,
where
> did you get the toneau cover, and how well does it work.
>
> Does any one know of a truck with a 5X5 ft bed

Aaron,
When I bought my truck, it had 13,000 miles on it and came with a tonneau
cover. I then added a tool box for all my 4WD/Offroad gear and ended up just
cutting down the cover's aluminum rails and having my mom take in and re-sew
the cover. Basically I just had compensate for the tool box and cut down the
cover/rails. Since I use my truck's bed so frequently the cover was just in
the way too much and hasnt been on my truck in years. I did like the cover
though when it was installed, just was more fashion than function for what I
needed. If I knew out truck bed were similar widths, I would sell it to you,
but I dont know how long of cover you need anyways. If you want to do some
measuring with the tool box to the tailgate and then give me a width
measurement, I will measure mine and see what we come up with. Also, where
the cover 'hit' the tool box, I just ran some weatherstripping on the tool
box and it actually sealed things up pretty good.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6