Re: 180 t-stat mileage numbers

From: LaMont J. Gilles (lgilles@nospam.satx.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 19:35:23 EDT

Sorry

There is one naysayer here. Back when my 93 Dak was stock my mechanic put a
180 t-stat on my 318 and it cost me about one mile per gallon (measured over
the course of about five 22 gallon tankfulls). Today I put in a 180 t-stat
because with the tinkering I have been doing I am getting pinging and so I
am willing to lose some mileage (probably not now that the engine is running
more efficiently) for a better performing engine.

--

LaMont J. Gilles

"Andy Levy" <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:3AD096F2.F0FEA8CC@bigfoot.com... > Well, I managed to prove all the naysayers wrong (none of whom are on > the DML). Everyone not on the DML who I talked to about putting the 180 > t-stat in said it would kill my gas mileage.