4.7l Blackstone Labs Results

From: Chris Lambert (mopar287@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 20:47:16 EDT

OK guys here are the results from my 2000 4.7l that I drive on the hard
side. Please send me your thoughts and opinions.

They write: No problems showed in the initial sample of used oil from your
dodge. All wear matched up well with averages for this type of engine. No
fuel dilution or coolant contamination was present. Insolubles were okay
at .3%, showing good oil filtration. If this oil is still in use, then we
suggest running it another 2000 miles, else run the next oil 8000
miles. We'll see what it looks like then. Upper-end wear (aluminum and
chrome) is fairly high.

I had 6100 miles on this Mobil 1, I added just the 1/2 quart when I changed
the filter at 3k miles.

Substance Reading Universal Averages
Aluminum 8 8
Chromium 6 4
Iron 40 50
Lead 2 2
Tin 0 0
Molybdenum 6 10
Nickel 2 1
Manganese 15 2
Silver 0 0
Titanium 0 0
Vanadium 0 0
Boron 43 45
Silicon 11 60
Sodium 5 79
Calcium 739 663
Magnesium 1242 971
Phosphorous 554 891
Zinc 651 1100
Barium 0 0

Test Values should be: Test Values were:
Sus Viscosity at 210F 55-61 59.5
Flashpoint in F >365 375
Fuel % <2.0 <.5
Antifreeze 0 0
Water % <.05 0 (and I have the 4.7l condensation problem)
Insolubles% <.6 .3

Has anyone else done this on their 4.7 yet? results? How do you drive? I
am thinking that I should only go 5000 miles on my oil now but I am
unsure. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Chris