Re: 180 t-stat mileage numbers

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 22:13:45 EDT

I got the "engine too cold" code (I think it's code 17), but no Check
Engine light after I put a 180 in my '95 V6. Of course, it was pretty
@#$#@! cold the next morning. I haven't had a chance to put it on a
scanner and see what it's really doing. It runs fine, so I think it just
tripped the code once and it never got cleared.

Which reminds me, now that the weather is finally starting to get warmer,
I wanted to reset the computer to clear the codes and see if it shows up
again.

One interesting to note is that Canadian Tire's parts application book
listed the 195 for the V8, but the 180 degree as being the recommended
heat range for the V6. Go figure.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black
soon: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black