RE: RE: 180 t-stat mileage numbers

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 10:20:42 EDT

It's possible that the truck has a 180 thermostat in it, but it sounds more
likely that the heater core may be clogged, or may have even been blocked
off. Have you checked the heater hoses? Are they run together or blocked off
completely? It may have a 160* thermo or not have a thermostat in it at all,
but not likely. Check the heater hoses and see what you can decipher from
that. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Shelley Batty" <shelba@molalla.net>

Hi, I'm new to the list, and new to Dakotas, but this thread on t-stat temps
prompts me to write already. I just bought ( Saturday afternoon) a 93
Dakota sport, 4x4, Club Cab. 3.9 magnum and 5 speed. As I am sure most of
you know, the temp gauge has no numbers to give a real idea of how hot the
engine is running. On mine, the needle only comes up about a third of the
way on the gauge, and I never get anything resembling hot air from the
heater. Does it sound like the PO may have swapped in a cooler than stock
t-stat?

Thom Batty
93 CC sport 4x4