Snail Mail DML! (Any volunteers?)

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 21:47:53 EDT

  Coming soon to a post office near you... :-)

  A little while ago, Michael Meyerhoff floated the concept of a snail mail
based DML mailer to me, and it sounded like a good idea. :-) Basically what
this would be is a cross between a club style mailer and a magazine, which
would be able to bring the DML to those folks who don't have 'net access, or
who simply don't have the time or inclination to participate on-line.

  The mailer would have featured articles from the DML, upgrades and
modification write-ups, upcoming meet listings, meet reports, and more.
Michael has generously volunteered to be the "point man" for this little
project, but obviously this is much more than just one or two people can
successfully pull off. We'll need a team of folks to help out. If you are at
all interested in joining the team, please feel free to check out the following
HTML document for more information:

    http://www.dakota-truck.net/mailer.html

  The mailer team will have its own newsgroup and mailing list for coordinating
our efforts, but for now you are welcome to reply here or contact myself or
Mike (mmeye@kcnet.com) if you are interested. Of course, since this is all
just starting up, any comments or suggestions would be extremely helpful! I
honestly have no idea where this venture will go, but personally, I'm thinking
of it along the lines of a magazine. (Go big, high expectations and all
that...) You know, kind've like all those magazines which know nothing about
Daks and dispense blatantly incorrect info? Well, this is a chance to right
some of that wrong. Heck, this might even look halfway decent on a resume if
you're planning on a field in journalism or publishing... IMHO, this is a
great opportunity to get in on something really cool on the ground floor.
Anyway, I'm rambling again, which probably means I didn't get enough sleep last
night; I'll shut up now. :-) If you're at all interested in helping out,
please do check out that URL above and drop Michael and/or myself a note to let
us know; and let us know if you've got any preference as to what you'd like to
do!

TTYL!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------. | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 | `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'