Hoo rah! Header leaks gone, so are headaches!

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 02:32:26 EDT

Hey gang, just passing on some worthless Dak related content here...

Stopped at a muffler shop to see what they would charge me for new gaskets
on the header collectors. Ahem... step back and take a deep breath. 42.50
per side. I'll say again... per side!

Sooo... the smart side of me says to go see what new gaskets run (3.99 for
two Mr. Gasket Ultra Seal's at Autozone). Doesn't take much time to figure
out the math on that deal!

Had a buddy help me with the install on Saturday, added all grade 8 bolts,
nuts, washers, plus a 12 pack of Budweiser, and voila.... no more leaks!
Kind of a pain in the ass to scrape off the old gasket, but got her done,
and she's runnin' great again. I only saved about 70 bucks. :)

Later,

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport 5.2 with Mopar headers and a non leakin' 3" cat back
mandrel bent 2 Chamber Flowmaster exhaust!
http://www.wacokid.freehomepage.com/