RE: Need towing/driving tips...

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 09:27:13 EDT

Hey Alex!

We have a similar truck so hopefully I can help you with your
expectations.....

I have a Coleman pop-up that we take every so often for a weekend away. It
weighs 1,200lbs with a tongue weight of 110lbs. I just have a ball on the
bumper as this trailer does not need a full hitch.

The only thing you will want to be mindful of is your starts. Try to get it
rolling then release the clutch before you accelerate. This will keep the
wear on the clutch plate to a minimum. The trailer should slightly pull back
at you when you hit the bumps in the road, but nothing major. I would
suggest downshifting to help you slow down. The brakes on our Dak's are not
the best with the added weight. Your trailer is narrow enough that you don't
need to worry about turns (swinging wide). My friend moved out to Colorado
from Michigan with the same setup (3.9L 5sp - Uhaul) and had no problems.

Enjoy your trip!!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!