Re: Hurst Shifter for Daks

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 07:14:02 EDT

> I may be interested; I've kinda been waiting for someone to try it out
> first though. ;-) I think Chuck Robbins (who has the V6 version) said
> that it didn't eliminate the choppy shifting, and that's mainly what I'd
> like to get rid of. If this shifter just shortens the throw, I've already
> done that for a tenth of the price...

Yep, that's correct, Jon. It did help the smoothness a little, but no where
near what I was hoping for. I did notice in the description for the v8
shifter that there is an adjustment for shifter tension (something that the
v6 shifter doesn't have). I haven't heard of anyone running one yet to see
if the adjustment really works.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport