RE: (4) Noises/Problems--belly pan & mileage

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 13:01:40 EDT

Thanks Ronald and others who responded. Now that I understand
what we're talking about here, is it possible the vacuum leak in
the belly pan gasket could cause a loss of mileage too? That is
another symptom I have and have had for awhile. I associated it
with a change to my 32" tires, but I've been thinking recently
that my mileage shouldn't drop that much due to a 1" increase in
diameter--I only get around 11 MPG in the city if I'm lucky and
only about 14 on a hwy drive; the main thing I notice is that I
used to be able to go 300 miles on a tank of gas, but now I'm
lucky if I get 250 out of one. If it is the belly pan problem
that is causing both a loss of oil and a loss of mileage, maybe
I'll at least get both problems solved at once. Thanks again
everyone.

JY